[BioC] 5 genes with 4 diff. groups, Howmany Cells needs to be extracted and do LIMMA?

Saurin Jani saurin_jani at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 19:31:18 CEST 2005

Dear BioC,

Please guide me in experient..Howmany Cells I need to
collect in order to be confident in my LIMMA
statistical analysis? I think LIMMA is the good
approach because I hvae more than 2 conditions. Please
see below information.

I would like to perform experient of 5 genes with 4
different groups of cells. ( Small scale array)

         GeneA GeneB GeneC GeneD GeneE
Group1
Group2
Group3
Group4

How can I define Design Matrix for these 4 different
groups of cells?

Can I do:

Group1-Group2, Group1-Group3, Group1-Group4

Group2-Group3, Group2-Group4

Group3-Group4

I would like to study on SMALL scale Array...Is there
any approach which I could seek?

Please, let me know if anybody has performed such
design or analysis?

Thank you so much in advance,
Saurin