[BioC] installing packages in bioconductor

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 1 16:08:44 CET 2005

Hi Qizheng,

On Feb 28, 2005, at 5:36 AM, Qizheng Sheng wrote:
> I am trying to install some packages from the bioconductor website,
> using the "www.bioconductor.org/getBioC()" function.  However, an
> error message appeared, saying, 'Error in Bundle(x) : No slot of name
> "Bundle" for this object of class "localPkg" '.  Could you tell me
> what it means, and how I can solve the problem?

I'm pretty sure this means that your R is picking up a very old version
of the reposTools library.  Without more information about your
platform, version of R it is hard to give specific advice.

You should be sure you are using R-2.0.1.

One thing to try is to remove the reposTools package and try again.
After removing reposTools and before running getBioC, try
library(reposTools).  If it tells you it can't find it, that's good.
Otherwise, you have another package library on your search path (see
.libPaths()).

+ seth