[BioC] unable to re-install after interupted installation

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 15:55:08 CET 2005

While installing all BioConductor packages, my laptop crashed (forgot to
plug it in the power socket). Ever since that, I have not been unable to
re-install all the packages.

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> getBioC(libName="all")
Running getBioC version 1.2.69....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

You are downloading all of the Bioconductor packages and any
dependencies.
Depending on your system this will be about 160 packages and be roughly
1GB in size.

Are you sure that you want to do this? [y/n] y
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download GO from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData/"
Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet = TRUE,
method = method) :
        cannot open URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/data/metaData//./GO_1.6.8.tar.gz'
In addition: Warning message:
cannot open: HTTP status was `404 Not Found'

Indeed the URL does not exist but where did getBioC get the link from ?
Does anyone know how to fix this please. Or is this a file lock issue
( I checked for 00LOCK directory in $R_HOME/lib/R/library/ )

I am using R-2.0.1 and on a Redhat 8.0 (kernel 2.4.18) and gcc 3.2.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Adaikalavan Ramasamy                    ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Centre for Statistics in Medicine       http://www.ihs.ox.ac.uk/csm/
Cancer Research UK                      Tel : 07906 308 566
Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford     Fax : 01865 226 962