[BioC] unable to re-install after interupted installation

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Sat Mar 12 05:32:41 CET 2005

Dear Seth,

Many thanks for your informative suggestion. I think I solved the
problem by following Jeff Gentry's suggestion as follows

 all <- CRAN.packages(CRAN=getOption("BIOC"))
 install.packages( all, CRAN=getOption("BIOC") )

I am not sure why it worked at all but am just glad it did. I still
cannot fully appreciate the need to source the installation script from
the web when it could be called directly from R.

I thought about your suggestion about wiping out only BioConductor
packages but was too lazy to identify them one by one. It would have
been a lot easier if R packages were installed in $R_HOME/lib/R/library
and BioConductor packages in $R_HOME/lib/BioC/library . If another
significant user group like BioConductor comes along, it would make it
easier to expand the current R directory structure.

Anyway I am sure the BioConductor core have their reasons.

Thank you again.

Regards, Adai