[BioC] load AnnBuilder and install XML

zhihua li lzhtom at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 02:50:25 CET 2005

Actually I've tried to install XML directly from CRAN. But it failed.

> install.packages("XML")
trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 27110 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 26Kb

Warning message:
No package "XML" on CRAN. in: download.packages(pkgs, destdir = tmpd,
available = available,

I also tried this:

> library(reposTools)
>
> install.packages2("XML")
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of: Win32

This will be fine for almost all users

Unable to locate the requested package(s) in any known repository

As a lot of documentation and mailing responses suggest installing XML
directly from CRAN, it seems that the windows version of XML has ever
existed in CRAN repository, but later been removed (for copyright issues)?