[BioC] Problem about Affy

Jufen Zhou jfzhou at ucdavis.edu
Fri Mar 25 01:51:35 CET 2005

Dear BioConductor gurus,

On a Windows XP (SP2) machine, when I use the package Affy (R 2.0.1,
bioconductor 1.5), the following error message appears:

>library(affy)
>AB<-ReadAffy("D:/newdata.CEL")
>pmData<-pm(AB)
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Win32
This will be fine for almost all users
[1] "Attempting to download hgu133plus2cdf from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/repos/"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing hgu133plus2cdf"
Note: Running R version 2.0.1 and package hgu133plus2cdf was built for R
version 2.0.0
 , installing anyway.

Error in library("hgu133plus2cdf", lib.loc
= "C:/PROGRA~1/R/rw2001/library") :
        There is no package called 'hgu133plus2cdf'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
2: Installation of package hgu133plus2cdf had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

But we have updated all package when was installing R 2.0.1.

Does anyone know what is the problem?

Thank you.

Jufen Zhou