[BioC] ellipse package

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Mar 31 15:51:35 CEST 2005

sachin Kumar wrote:
> I try to load library ellipse but i got folowing error.
>
>  > library(ellipse)
> Error in library(ellipse) : There is no package called 'ellipse'
>
> I also used repostools to install this package, here I also got the
> similar error.
>
>  > install.packages2(ellipse)
> Error in install.packages2(ellipse) : Object "ellipse" not found

You have forgotten some quotation marks; if you don't enclose ellipse in
quotes, R thinks you are passing a variable name rather than a character
string, which is what install.packages2 expects. From the help page:

Arguments:

repEntry: A ReposEntry object specifying a particular repository

     pkgs: A character vector of package name(s) to act upon

HTH,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald