[BioC] Installation of e1071 failed

Malick.PAYE at eu.biomerieux.com Malick.PAYE at eu.biomerieux.com
Mon May 2 14:46:52 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I have troubles installing e1071 package, here is the error message I get
while trying to install this package :

-bash-3.00$ R CMD INSTALL e1071_1.5-8.tar.gz

* Installing *source* package 'e1071' ...
checking for C++ compiler default output... a.out
checking whether the C++ compiler works... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
** libs
gcc -mcpu=powerpc64 -m64 -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include
-fPI
C  -g -O2 -c cmeans.c -o cmeans.o
gcc -mcpu=powerpc64 -m64 -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include
-fPI
C  -g -O2 -c cshell.c -o cshell.o
gcc -mcpu=powerpc64 -m64 -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include
-fPI
C  -g -O2 -c floyd.c -o floyd.o
gcc -mcpu=powerpc64 -m64 -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include
-fPI
C  -g -O2 -c Rsvm.c -o Rsvm.o
g++ -I/usr/local/lib/R/include  -I/usr/local/include   -fPIC  -m64 -c
svm.cpp -o
 svm.o
g++ -shared -L/usr/local/lib -o e1071.so cmeans.o cshell.o floyd.o Rsvm.o
svm.o

/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common64 architecture of input file
`cmeans.o' is
incompatible with powerpc:common output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common64 architecture of input file
`cshell.o' is
incompatible with powerpc:common output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common64 architecture of input file
`floyd.o' is i
ncompatible with powerpc:common output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common64 architecture of input file `Rsvm.o'
is in
compatible with powerpc:common output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common64 architecture of input file `svm.o'
is inc
ompatible with powerpc:common output
cmeans.o(.text+0x2a): In function `cmeans_setup':
/tmp/R.INSTALL.21279/e1071/src/cmeans.c:20: relocation truncated to fit:
R_PPC64
_TOC16_DS .toc
?.
?.
?
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [e1071.so] Error 1

Does anybody encounter this kind of problem ?

Any help will be greatly appreciate,

Malick,

PS:
> version

platform powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu
arch     powerpc64
os       linux-gnu
system   powerpc64, linux-gnu
status
major    2
minor    0.1
year     2004
month    11
day      15
language R

AVIS : Ce courrier et ses pieces jointes sont destines a leur seul destinataire et peut contenir des informations confidentielles appartenant a bioMerieux. Si vous n'etes pas destinataire, vous etes informe que toute lecture, divulgation, ou reproduction de ce message et des pieces jointe est strictement interdite. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur merci d'en prevenir l'expediteur et de le detruire, ainsi que ses pieces jointes.

NOTICE: This message and attachments are intended only for the use of their addressee and may contain confidential information belonging to bioMerieux. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the original sender immediately and delete this message, along with any attachments.
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]