[BioC] Installation of e1071 failed

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Mon May 2 20:26:23 CEST 2005

Hi,
   It looks like your gcc and g++ are not configured to play well
together. You will do better to ask about R packages (this one is from
CRAN) on the r-help list - it is more widely read.

  Googling on "architecture of input file", leads one to some similar
cases - ld is likely to be the culprit  - there are many suggestions
there - I leave it to you to figure out which seem to apply to your
situation.

  I can report that it works fine on a similar system using R 2.1.0 (the
current release), so I suspect it is your system that needs some fine
tuning.

best wishes
    Robert

| Robert Gentleman              phone: (206) 667-7700

| Head, Program in Computational Biology   fax:  (206) 667-1319   |