[BioC] the edgeNames( ), and the label for the edge in a node-edge plot created in Graphviz

Yilin Liu Y.liu at mdx.ac.uk
Mon May 9 13:58:51 CEST 2005

every time you construct a graph object, you can use edgeNames() function to return the edge names in the graph, e.g. if node "A" is connected with node "B", then the edge name is returned as "A~B".
I want to know whether i can set the edge name by myself, e.g. I'd like to call it "L1".

Another question is when I convert a graph into a .gxl file in R, i can plot it in Graphviz. Is it possible to include labels for all the edges and get edge labels shown in the graph the sames as the node labels.