[BioC] spotSegmentation

Jason Skelton jps at sanger.ac.uk
Wed May 11 13:47:44 CEST 2005

Hi

I'm attempting to use the spotSegmentation package and I've run the demo
using the dataset provided with the package with no problems.
However its not clear how to use your own images which I'm presuming
will be tiff images for each channel ?
Also after you have used the spotseg function you can summarize the data
and receive
foreground & background (median & mean) for each channel.

I'm presuming you extract the background from the foreground for which
ever you feel appropriate ?
and then use this data from subsequent analysis ?

I'd like to also know what the most appropriate way of dealing with
NA's  is (presumable the "non-found" spots)
where the spots  in question are printed in duplicate on the array and
only one of which is "found".

I'm using limma for analysis of data, so I presume I can easily convert
this data into MA objects ?

Many thanks

Jason

--