[BioC] make own CDF package probelm, error "installed < 2.0.0"

Liqun He Liqun.He at mbb.ki.se
Tue May 17 19:02:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

After I used the command "make.cdf.package(chip.CDF)", it produced a cdf
package subdirectory "chipcdf".
When I checked the R package installation instruction for Windows, it
required a zipped local file. So, I put the whole subdirectory into a
linux system, and used the command "zip -r chipcdf chipcdf", it produced
the zip file "chipcdf.zip"
Then I used the R window bottom, Packages->Install Packages from local
zipped files, and selected the file chipcdf.zip. It showed the following
without error message.
>install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]),
.libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)
updating HTML package descriptions

Then I was trying to load the package, it gived the error message:
> library(chipcdf)
Error in library(chipcdf) : 'chipcdf' is not a valid package --
installed < 2.0.0?

I am a beginner here, there must be something wrong with my procedure.
But I don't the right way to do it. Could someone provide a help?

Some web pages say using the function make.cdf.env to create CDF
environment directly.
>Chipcdf=make.cdf.env(chip.CDF)
But I don't known in this case, how should the makeProbePackage command
be used.
I am trying to create the required packages to run the GCRMA?
Could someone help with this?

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards,
Liqun