[BioC] make own CDF package probelm, error "installed < 2.0.0"

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue May 17 19:23:26 CEST 2005

Liqun He wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After I used the command "make.cdf.package(chip.CDF)", it produced a cdf
> package subdirectory "chipcdf".
> When I checked the R package installation instruction for Windows, it
> required a zipped local file. So, I put the whole subdirectory into a
> linux system, and used the command "zip -r chipcdf chipcdf", it produced
> the zip file "chipcdf.zip"

Yeah, I thought you had done something like that. Unfortunately,
installing packages on Windows is not quite that simple. You will need
some tools and you will also need to follow the instructions in the
README.packages in your rw2001 directory *exactly* as written. They are
a bit terse, but everything you need to know is right there.

First look here and follow the links to the murdoch-sutherland website

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Can-I-install-packages-into-libraries-in-this-version_003f

Note that you will only need the 'Essentials' from Duncan Murdoch's
webpage. The other tools listed there are nice if you want to build
things like compiled HTML help, but are not completely necessary.

Note too, that if you have access to R on a Unix-alike, installing
packages is quite simple (but cross-compiling for Windows is not). All
it takes is an R CMD INSTALL at a terminal prompt.

HTH,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald