[BioC] alternate /tmp for Bioconductor install

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Fri May 20 08:47:40 CEST 2005

On May 20, 2005, at 12:13 AM, Seth Falcon wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in response.  We've been busy preparing the
> Bioconductor 1.6 release.

No worries.  Thanks for the reply.  And thanks to you and everyone
else involved in making 1.6.

> Robert Citek <rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org> writes:
>
>> I'm attempting to install Bioconductor under Debian following the
>> instructions here:
>>
>>   http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html#getBioC
>>
>> Apparently, I don't have enough room in /tmp to untar the tar files.
>> What is the "R way" to specify an alternate /tmp folder to use while
>> installing Bioconductor?  "export TMPDIR=" comes to mind.
>>

> Yes, exporting TMPDIR should result in files downloaded by getBioC
> being placed in TMPDIR.

Great.  I'll give that a shot in the morning.

Since I last posted, my short-term work around was to create a soft-
link, pointing /tmp to a partition with more room.  Once I did that
BioC seemed to hum along nicely.  Since I did this on Thursday night,
I suspect that I've already installed BioC 1.6.

Regards,
- Robert