[BioC] alternate /tmp for Bioconductor install

Kasper Daniel Hansen k.hansen at biostat.ku.dk
Fri May 20 22:21:18 CEST 2005

It could in principle be scritable and might even be a little worthwhile
to do it. But basically the BioC version number is corresponds to a
whole list of individual package numbers. As sson as you move away from
the getBioC script you can have a big mix of development and release
level packages.

Kasper

On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 02:40:04PM -0500, Robert Citek wrote:

> On May 20, 2005, at 11:52 AM, Seth Falcon wrote:
> >Well, there isn't a global Bioc version that you get query.  The best
> >thing to do is to compare the version numbers of a few packages
> >against what is on the Bioconductor website.
> >
> >For example,
> >
> >>library(Biobase)
> >>sessionInfo()
> >>
> >R version 2.1.0, 2005-04-29, x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
> >
> >attached base packages:
> >[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices"
> >"utils"
> >[7] "datasets"  "base"
> >
> >other attached packages:
> > Biobase
> >"1.5.12"
> >
> >And then verify the version here:
> >http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/stable/src/contrib/html/
>
> I'm not that familiar with R, but I imagine that the above is
> scriptable.  That is, I should be able to traverse the package
> dependency tree and query each package for its version.  Is that
> possible within R?
>
> Regards,
> - Robert

Kasper Daniel Hansen, Research Assistant
Department of Biostatistics, University of Copenhagen