[BioC] Passing a Bioconductor environment to a function

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue May 24 14:16:47 CEST 2005

Try removing the as.environment(). Since the mgu74av2 package when
loaded *is* an environment, I don't know that you will ever need the
call to as.environment(). You might also add a quietly = TRUE to your
call to require(), so you don't echo the fact that you loaded the
package.

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623
>>> Raffaele Calogero <raffaele.calogero at unito.it> 05/24/05 8:10 AM >>>
I would like to change the required Bioconductor annotation package in a

function, how can I do it?
I tried:
"my.funct"<-function(gNsel, pValue, mgu74av2){
    require(as.environment(mgu74av2))
}

but it does not work.

Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705420