[BioC] Error with Rgraphviz

Mayte Suarez-Farinas mayte at babel.rockefeller.edu
Tue May 24 23:12:46 CEST 2005

Hi Seth,

In fact that was the first thing we did when I got the error and
it didn't work. Another hint ?

I am working with:
Rgraphviz Version: 1.5.10
GOstats:  Version: 1.1.3

  R.version
          _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    2
minor    0.1
year     2004
month    11
day      15
language R

------------------------------

Message: 15
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 09:00:50 -0700
From: Seth Falcon <sfalcon at fhcrc.org>
Subject: Re: [BioC] Error with Rgraphviz
To: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch

Hi Mayte,

Mayte Suarez-Farinas <mayte at babel.rockefeller.edu> writes:
> I got an error using GOstats vignete example.
> I am afraid is something related with my Rgraphviz but althought we
> reinstalled it, I continue to get the same error (see below).
> I will appreciate if somebody can advice me what to do.

> Errors...
> Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
>         unable to load shared library
> "/usr/local/R-2.0.1/library/Rgraphviz/libs/Rgraphviz.so":
>   libdotneato.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

Rgraphviz depends on a library called graphviz --- this is a system-level
program and not R-specific. You will need to install graphviz before using
Rgraphviz.

graphviz is available from www.graphviz.org.

PS: Next time, be sure to tell us about the version of R you are using as
well as the versions of Bioc packages and your OS!

+ seth