[BioC] question of medianpolish in RMA

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue May 31 18:04:56 CEST 2005

There is no such constraint on signs in the algorithm itself. However,
remember that the expression values returned from RMA are in log2 scale
so negatives are not really negatives.

That said, it is not common in my experience to ever see negative values
(even in the log2 scale) being returned. If such a thing is happening
for your data it might be indicative of some other problem.

Ben Bolstad <bolstad at stat.berkeley.edu>
http://www.stat.berkeley.edu/~bolstad