[BioC] expresso dies on list.files

Kort, Eric Eric.Kort at vai.org
Mon Nov 7 14:25:26 CET 2005

(I apologize for sending this query a second time, but I forgot to add a
descriptive subject last time which I thought may have contributed to
the lack of response.)

I am running 64 bit R 2.0.1 on SUSE Linux, and despite successful use in
the past, I have been recently been unable to normalize some affy data
using expresso.  I receive an error with list.files that I can not
figure out.  While list.files seems to generate the error below, if I
explicitly call "list.files("./"), I receive no error.

Here is my code and the resulting error and traceback:

>AB <- ReadAffy(celfile.path="./")
>
>eset <- expresso(AB, bgcorrect.method="mas",
normalize.method="constant",
+ pmcorrect.method="mas", summary.method="mas", verbose=T)
background correction: mas
normalization: constant
PM/MM correction : mas
expression values: mas
background correcting...done.
normalizing...Error in list.files(path, pattern, all.files, full.names,
recursive) :
        invalid directory argument

> traceback()
7: list.files(...)
6: list.celfiles(celfile.path, full.names = TRUE)
5: AllButCelsForReadAffy(..., filenames = filenames, widget = widget,
       celfile.path = celfile.path, sampleNames = sampleNames, phenoData
= phenoData,
       description = description)
4: ReadAffy(celfile.path = dir)
3: normalize(afbatch, normalize.method)
2: do.call("normalize", c(alist(afbatch, normalize.method),
normalize.param))
1: expresso(AB, bgcorrect.method = "mas", normalize.method = "constant",
       pmcorrect.method = "mas", summary.method = "mas", verbose = T)

Can someone tell me why this is not working?

Thank you,

Eric Kort
Van Andel Research Institute
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
USA
This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}