[BioC] expresso dies on list.files

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Mon Nov 7 15:27:49 CET 2005

Kort, Eric wrote:
> (I apologize for sending this query a second time, but I forgot to add a
> descriptive subject last time which I thought may have contributed to
> the lack of response.)
>
> I am running 64 bit R 2.0.1 on SUSE Linux, and despite successful use in
> the past, I have been recently been unable to normalize some affy data
> using expresso.  I receive an error with list.files that I can not
> figure out.  While list.files seems to generate the error below, if I
> explicitly call "list.files("./"), I receive no error.
>
> Here is my code and the resulting error and traceback:
>

>>AB <- ReadAffy(celfile.path="./")

Is this really the calling sequence you are using? The traceback looks
really strange to me, as there is no reason I know of that ReadAffy()
should be called directly after normalize(). I wonder if something is
busted.

You might want to upgrade, as your Rversion is over a year old now, as
are your BioC packages (or at least they _should_ be - you haven't
installed new BioC packages in an old R installation, have you?). A
sessionInfo() would be very helpful here.

Best,

Jim