[BioC] proportianal hazard models

Margaret Gardiner-Garden m.gardiner-garden at garvan.org.au
Thu Nov 10 02:34:16 CET 2005

Dear Heike,

My "trusty" reference is S-PLUS 2000 Guide to Statistics, Volume 2 (1999)
The Cox Proportional Hazards Model Chapter 10.  You should be able to
download it at
http://biostat.hitchcock.org/FacultyandStaff/OnlineManuals/PDF%20Files/statm
an2.pdf

If you feel up to reading a detailed book you could get
"Modeling Survival Data" Terry M. Thernaeu and Patricia M. Grambsch in
Statistics for Biology and Health series, Springer 2000.

If you are a biologist and want a better understanding of the model,
I highly recommend reading the following book first:
Survival Analysis A Self Learning text by David G. Kleinbaum, Springer, 1996

Regards
Marg