[BioC] installation warnings and other related questions

lgautier@altern.org lgautier at altern.org
Tue Oct 25 18:15:03 CEST 2005

> Hi, There:
> (Thanks for Seth's help; after upgrading, it is fine now though the
> golobEsets has to be manually installed).
>
> could anyone answer my second question from the original post?
> "
> As important as above, are there any good online materials covering
> using bioC and R in analyzing microarray/bioinformatics data, esp. via
> data mining approaches?
> "

Wei-Wei,

Most of the packages, if not all the packages, come with a 'Vignette'.
http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/vignettes.html
If the list of Vignette is a little intimidating, especially when new
to R, you may want to have a feel for can be done by looking at one of
the workshop material
http://www.bioconductor.org/workshops/
(the one in Bressanone, Italy, had all the material online I think).

When it comes to data mining/exploratory data analysis with R, there are
several books covering different aspects of the topic.
You can also pick some of the online documentation, like for example
http://www.cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/usingR.pdf

Hoping this helps,

L.