[BioC] background correction with cDNA array data

Qi.Zhang@astrazeneca.com Qi.Zhang at astrazeneca.com
Thu Oct 27 05:01:28 CEST 2005

Naomi, thanks for your reply.  I do not intent to write my own mathod.  I
took the default option when read in the gpr file using read.GenePix, so I
assume the background correction was done by "substraction".  I remember it
from somewhere that the "substraction" may introduce additional variance
depends on the algorithm of the background estimation (from the iamge
analysis software).  Is the "substraction" the only bg correction method in
marray?  limma has more options, but I have no idea about the advantage or
disadvantage of them.  Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Qi