[BioC] Rgraphviz load problem : 2nd question for MAC OS users

Todd Richmond todd at nimblegen.com
Thu Oct 27 22:16:00 CEST 2005

If you're new to Mac OS X and don't want to have to deal with compiling
or porting software packages, I'd check out Fink
(http://fink.sourceforge.net). From the Fink website:

"The Fink project wants to bring the full world of Unix Open Source
software to Darwin and Mac OS X. We modify Unix software so that it
compiles and runs on Mac OS X ("port" it) and make it available for
download as a coherent distribution. Fink uses Debian tools like dpkg
and apt-get to provide powerful binary package management. You can
choose whether you want to download precompiled binary packages or build
everything from source."

Once you have fink installed, installing graphviz is as simple as typing
'fink install graphviz'. Fink will also take care of dependencies...

Todd

Jane Fridlyand wrote:
> Dear Mac users
>
> can anyone who successfully installed appropriate version of graphviz
> (v>1.12) and was able to install/load Rgraphviz on MAC OSX  share the
> steps they took with me? I was previously having issues because graphviz
> version was older but not I am not quite sure. do i need to compile
> graphviz from source or downloading compiled dmg from pixelglow and
> placing it into applications is sufficient (does not seem to be but i am
> not sure how to obtain the other components). I am new to mac so things
> are often unintuitive to me.
>
> thanks and sorry
>
> Jane

Todd Richmond, PhD