[BioC] Writing own package description.

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Sep 7 14:54:15 CEST 2005

TEXTORIS Julien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've learn through the many tutorials and courses available on the net
> (thanks to everybody for that, it's wonderfull), and i really like
> working with bioc.
>
> I work in a lab where we use a cDNA, home made chip. I was wondering how
> i could write a package for R to describe this particular chip, and use
> all the possibility of bioconductor with it, because all that i learned
> with tutorials was with affy chips.

I am not sure you need to write a package for any of this. There are
already packages in BioC that are designed to normalize (marray, limma)
and make comparisons (limma, multtest, factDesign) using cDNA arrays.

I suppose there may be some functionality you might like that is not
implemented in these packages, but I would recommend starting with the
existing packages. IIRC, all of these packages have vignettes, so that
would probably be the best place to start.

Best,

Jim