[BioC] ArrayAssist vs. Bioconductor

Ben Bolstad bolstad at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Sep 19 20:12:08 CEST 2005

Hi Bruz,

I can't speak to the values for GCRMA, but my suspicion would be that
there are slight differences in rounding between the implementations, explaining
the differences at the lowest intensity for RMA. However, I can not attest
to the correctness or otherwise of the ArrayAssist implementation of the
algorithm. For all intents and purposes the BioConductor implementation as
given by the rma() function should be the canonical version (justRMA calls
all the same underlying routines so it will return identical expression values).

Ben