[BioC] Need help on understanding this error message

Fang Cheng fc417 at nyu.edu
Fri Apr 14 20:19:10 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I was trying to load the .CEL files into R. I called affy() function.
Did not get any problem in loading it to object "dat", but when I tried
to see what's in dat, I got the following error message, which I could
not understand. Could someone give me some advices? I appreciate it in
advance!
> dat
trying URL
'http://bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation/1.7/src/contrib/mu11ksubacdf_1.10.0.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 621868 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 607Kb

mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/00LOCK':
Permission denied
ERROR: failed to lock directory '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library' for
modifying

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpuEzo5X/downloaded_packages
Error in getCdfInfo(object) : Could not obtain CDF environment, problems
encountered:
Specified environment does not contain Mu11KsubA
Library - package mu11ksubacdf not installed
Data for package affy did not contain mu11ksubacdf
Library - package mu11ksubacdf not installed
In addition: Warning messages:
1: installation of package 'mu11ksubacdf' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(cdfname, lib = lib, repos = Biobase:::biocReposList(),
2: cannot create HTML package index in: tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=534x534 features (22284 kb)
cdf=Mu11KsubA (??? affyids)
number of samples=10
[...]

1: missing cdf environment ! in: show(list())
2: installation of package 'mu11ksubacdf' had non-zero exit status in:
install.packages(cdfname, lib = lib, repos = Biobase:::biocReposList(),
3: cannot create HTML package index in: tools:::unix.packages.html(.Library)

Thank you,
Fang