[BioC] how to get affy probe set physical location on the chip?

Hassane, Duane Duane_Hassane at URMC.Rochester.edu
Thu Aug 3 19:21:25 CEST 2006

Hi Yanqin,

Regarding getting physical locations for each probe of the probeset, you can try something like:

indices<-indexProbes(affyBatch,"pm",probeset.id)

where probeset.id is a vector of probeset IDs to get indices corresponding to your probesets of interest.
This returns a named list, named according a probeset id.

locations<-indices2xy(unlist(indices),abatch=affyBatch)

This gives a set of x and y coordinates for each probe of each probeset you specified in probeset.id

That should work.

Hope that helps,

Duane Hassane