[BioC] exclude flagged spots in limma

Marcus Davy mdavy at hortresearch.co.nz
Fri Aug 4 00:02:42 CEST 2006

Here are a few of ways;

[1] 0 1 0 0 1

> (!x)*1
[1] 1 0 1 1 0

> as.numeric(!x)
[1] 1 0 1 1 0

> abs(x - 1)
[1] 1 0 1 1 0

The logical operator "!" coerces the binary vector to logical and does a
logical negation (NOT).

A weight of 0 is equivalent to an NA, a weight between 0 and 1 will be used
to do a weighted linear model using lmFit (internally lm.series etc) if the
weights matrix is in your MAList and you specify to use it in the analysis.

Marcus