[BioC] combineAffyBatch problem

Catherine Dumur cidumur at hsc.vcu.edu
Sun Aug 6 00:46:24 CEST 2006

Dear Wolfgang and Bioconductor people,

I am using the combineAffyBatch function from the matchprobes package
regularly now, and I am very pleased with its performance.

However, I was wondering if you can help me with the following:

I understand that every time I run the function, a new .CDF object is
created and this takes a considerable amount of time. I was wondering if
we can re-use an existing "newcdf" object when performing new analysis
where the same two types of arrays are used. In other words, since I am
always combining the same 2 types Affy chips, the newcdf object should
be the same. If I use that object from previous sessions, I shouldn't be
creating a new one every time.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me if that is feasible,
and if it is, how can I  do it.

Thank you very much for your attention to this issue.

Cathy

--
Catherine Dumur, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Department of Pathology