[BioC] Non windows utility for CEL file Binary to Ascii format conversion

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Sun Aug 13 01:02:37 CEST 2006

Although this doesn't really directly answer your question ....

You might consider prompting the authors of the sscore package to
consider building on top of the standard structures and parsers. Based
upon the vignette for this package it appears that they already
partially do so by making use of ReadAffy() to build an AffyBatch. From
what I can tell sscore wants the original CEL files to get the
"[OUTLIERS]" section.

They could get the "outliers" section from a specified CEL file like
this (using the parsers in affyio 1.1.7 or later which is what
ReadAffy() is using).

myCEL <- read.celfile("/path/to/mycelfilename.CEL")
myCEL$OUTLIERS

I'm sure there is also a perfectly acceptable way to do it using the
affxparser package.

Users shouldn't really be forced to have to make manual file format
conversions. Instead the parsers should handle this all automatically.

Best,

Ben

Ben Bolstad <bmb at bmbolstad.com>
http://bmbolstad.com