[BioC] ensembl connection

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Aug 24 18:15:46 CEST 2006

TM wrote:
> Hi
> I used to create an object by this command :
> martMm <- useMart(biomart = "ensembl", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
> But now it dosen't work anymore and i get this error message :
> unable to open connection
> unable to resolve 'web50-node4.ebi.ac.uk'
> Could you explain why it doesn't work ?

A quick search of the BioC list would have shown you several emails in
the past few days that are related to this problem.

The short answer is that the BioMart webserver is having problems that
they are trying to correct. In the meantime you can always connect using
the RMySQL interface.

Best,

Jim

--