[BioC] Question about Limma

Hocine Tighiouart hocine_tighi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 19:39:17 CEST 2006

Hello,

My question is whether the package limma allows you to
run random effect models for each gene through the
lmFit function. I ran 6800 random effects models from
affymetrix data (one for each gene) and saved the
parameter estimates, standard errors and p-values for
the effect of age (binary: young vs. old) and time
(linear, per 1 day increase) and their interaction. I
don’t know how to get the adjusted the p-values
because these models were ran in SAS and limma accept
only lmFit object.

Thanks for your help.

Hocine Tighiouart
Biostatistics Research Center
Institute of Clinical Research and Health Policy
Studies
Tufts-New England Medical Center Boston, MA
Tel : 617-636-2519