[BioC] Help:How to do normalization with Ambion bioarray data?

Al Ivens alicat at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Dec 8 08:39:37 CET 2006

Hi,

A suggestion might be to have a look at the replicate spacing; from the
only Ambion arrays I have tried to analyse, they "helpfully" have the
control blocks as "top left" and "bottom right" on each slide, so the
top array layout is NOT the same as the bottom array layout within each
gpr.

So, when you define spacing = x within limma, none of the duplicates
actually "line up" with each other, assuming you are wanting to treat
the two duplicates on each slide in this way.  I got around it by
reordering the second half of gpr file to give a constant spacing, then
proceeding as usual with limma.

HTH,

al