[BioC] Fold Change values after RMA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Feb 15 19:37:00 CET 2006

Hi David,

kfbargad at ehu.es wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I have come across an article (Choudary et al. 2005, PNAS 102,15653-
> 15658) where they state that the FC values after RMA
> preprocessing "always" remain below a maximum of 2.0 Is this right?

No, this is not correct. There are other factual errors in that paper as
well, which makes me wonder if there was a breakdown in communication
between the statisticians and those who wrote the paper.

That said, it is my understanding that fold change values in brain are
often very small, so they may simply be trying to indicate that using a
fold change of two is not reasonable in that context.

Best,

Jim