[BioC] background correction

Ben Bolstad bmb at bmbolstad.com
Tue Feb 21 16:26:43 CET 2006

Pedro,

You can use the the rma background correction and normalization routines
on a matrix. bg.adjust() implements basically the same background
correction functionality that is carried out by the rma() command
(except that rma() is implemented in compiled code).

The easiest way for you to do this would be

my.matrix.bg.rma <- apply(my.matrix, 2, bg.adjust)

my.matrix.norm <- normalize.quantiles(my.matrix.bg.rma)

Ben