[BioC] How to use biomaRt with RMySQL under Windows

sdurinck@ebi.ac.uk sdurinck at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 09:14:19 CET 2006

Hi,

Normally installing RMySQL under Windows is not extremely difficult, but
indeed you have to manually intervene during the installation process and
move the .dll files from the RMySQL/libs directory to the R/bin directory.
 No MySQL client installation is necessary on Windows.  However on Linux
you need to install a MySQL client.

I'm currently working on a new version of biomaRt that by default will do
the queries over HTTP and not via MySQL (although queries with MySQL will
still be an option).  With this I hope the biomaRt package will be easier
to install and won't have firewall problems.  I expect to put the update
in the repository by early February.

best,
Steffen