[BioC] OT: question about plots, general R, really...

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 14:39:21 CEST 2006

Hi Ulrik,

thanks for your reply.

I haven't managed to make it work the way you describe, unfortunately.
It seems to affect only the last plot, not the whole figure... I guess
I need to investigate this further. If you can send me the example that
worked for you I'd appreciate that, as it may help me find out why it
doesn't work for me.
The link about Rgraphics is quite good, thanks for that!

Just for teh record, this is one example of the plots I would like to
add text to:

par(mfrow=c(2,3))
for (i in 1:3) {
plot(log2(RG$Rb[,i]),log2(RG$R[,i]),pch=".")
abline(0,1,col="blue")}
for (i in 1:3) {
plot(log2(RG$Gb[,i]),log2(RG$G[,i]),pch=".")
abline(0,1,col="blue")}

so that gives me 6 plots in the same figure. I want to be able to add a
title to the whole figure... or maybe add other text here and there...
using the whole figure, not the individual plots.

Thanks for your help!

Jose