[BioC] AnnBuilder doesn't work on gene information ("GENENAME", "SYMBOL", etc)

nli at fhcrc.org nli at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 13 22:41:50 CEST 2006

Hi,

It seems we have some problems here. Let me clarify things first:

1. There are two svn source repositories: the bioconductor 1.8 release
repository where AnnBuilder 1.10.x belong to and the devel repository where
AnnBuilder 1.11.x belong to. John fixed the problem of AnnBuilder at the devel
repository today and the latest version is 1.11.4. You can get the code from
our svn repository at
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/AnnBuilder now, or
you can get it from
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/html/AnnBuilder.html TOMORROW.
The corresponding OS X binary will be ready after a week.

2. The packages in devel repository (including AnnBuilder 1.11.x) are for R
2.4.x. Therefore, they may not be backward compatiable with R 2.3.x. Please give
it a try. I am not able to test it in my current setting. Sorry.

3. I thought AnnBuilder 1.10.x should work the same as 1.11.x, so I used 1.11.x
for testing but referred to 1.10.x in my previous replies. But I was wrong,
sorry. I tested both AnnBuilder 1.11.2 (3 column baseFile) and AnnBuilder
1.11.4 by using your exact baseFile, and both worked fine. I test AnnBuilder
1.10.x just now, but it didn't work. I need more time to look into it.

I will update you later... Please try either AnnBuiler 1.11.2 or 1.11.4 for now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

nianhua