[BioC] AnnBuilder doesn't work on gene information ("GENENAME", "SYMBOL", etc)

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 13 23:48:01 CEST 2006

Thanks a lot,
I will wait till tomorrow to get the source code from
bioconductor website, since the website at
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/ needs account/password.
And I agree there may be some backward compatibility
issues between AnnBuilder 1.11.x and R 2.3.x. (I will
try it out tomorrow.) In that case, I can only use
AnnBuilder 1.10.x currently and in the near future,
since R 2.4.x is not released yet. Therefore, I am
looking forward to your results in checking AnnBuilder
1.10.x. Please keep me posted. Thanks.
Weijun

https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/AnnBuilder

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/1.9/bioc/html/AnnBuilder.html
> TOMORROW.
> The corresponding OS X binary will be ready after a
> week.
>
> 2. The packages in devel repository (including
> AnnBuilder 1.11.x) are for R
> 2.4.x. Therefore, they may not be backward
> compatiable with R 2.3.x. Please give
> it a try. I am not able to test it in my current
> setting. Sorry.
>
> 3. I thought AnnBuilder 1.10.x should work the same
> as 1.11.x, so I used 1.11.x
> for testing but referred to 1.10.x in my previous
> replies. But I was wrong,
> sorry. I tested both AnnBuilder 1.11.2 (3 column
> baseFile) and AnnBuilder
> 1.11.4 by using your exact baseFile, and both worked
> fine. I test AnnBuilder
> 1.10.x just now, but it didn't work. I need more
> time to look into it.
>
> I will update you later... Please try either
> AnnBuiler 1.11.2 or 1.11.4 for now.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> nianhua
>

> Quoting John Zhang <jzhang at jimmy.harvard.edu>:
>

> > >Thank you, John. Shall I use 2-column or 3-column
> base
> >
> > Two columns.
> >
> > >file for the new version of AnnBuilder? And the
> new
> >
> > The version I checked in is 1.11.4. I am not sure
> when the new version will
> > be
> > pushed. Nianhua knows better.
> >

> > >version number will be 1.10.2 or 1.10.3? I have
> > >already seen an OS X binary version shown up in
> > >AnnBuilder website,
> >

>http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/bioc/1.8/html/AnnBuilder.html,
> > > I am not sure whether that's the new version.
> > >Weijun

> bad
> information,
> annotation
> between
> base

> use

> hs95av2Entrezg7

> 8359
> 8359
> 8359
> 8359
> > >> >

>>>a=read.delim('/Users/luow/project/microarraydata/annotation/hs95av2Entrezg7Ba

> seems
> our
> numbers in
> sense