[BioC] Problems with installation of Rgraphviz

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jun 5 15:35:46 CEST 2006

Hi Julia,

jdmitrie at liacs.nl writes:

> Dear Bioconductor developer,
>
> During installation of Rgraphviz I get the following errors.
>

> * Installing *source* package 'Rgraphviz' ...
> checking for graphviz... checking for dotneato-config... not found
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> Package libgvc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgvc.pc'
> No package 'libgvc' found
> Package libgvc was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgvc.pc'
> No package 'libgvc' found
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating src/Makevars
> ** libs

The Rgraphviz package provides an interface to AT&T's graphviz
library.  It looks to me like you have not installed graphviz on your
system.

[I think this is also a bug in the configure script for Rgraphviz
which should fail with a clearer error message instead of trying to
build]

You can download graphviz from here: http://graphviz.org/

+ seth