[BioC] RMA-bimodality:

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 19:15:09 CEST 2006

Hi Peter,

- doesn't the distribution of mRNA abundances (i.e. physical
concentrations measured e.g. in average no. of molecules per cell) span
the whole range from just undetectably above zero to very large? I am
not sure what mechanism would then result in two distinct peaks of
fluorescences, one for "absent" and and one for "present" mRNAs.

- I tried find a definition of "truely unimodal distributions" (and I
suppose, "falsely unimodal distributions"), but couldn't find one, can
you advise?

Cheers
 Wolfgang