[BioC] Rgraphviz edge weight question

Seth Falcon sfalcon at fhcrc.org
Mon Jun 12 05:17:05 CEST 2006

"Kimpel, Mark William" <mkimpel at iupui.edu> writes:

> Well, I got it figured out after all. The patch to "agopen", which
> allows the slots "lwd" and "lty" to be passed from a graph to an Ragraph
> object, is below. Turned out to be pretty simple once I understood what
> I was doing!

Excellent!  Can you send me the complete .R file(s) you've modified
(off list as attachement)?  I'd like to apply your changes to the
devel branch.

In the future, or even now if you are feeling interested, the easiest
way to send such improvements or fixes is via "patch files" also known
as "diffs".  And the easiest way to produce them is to use the version
control software we use, Subversion (svn).

There is info on how to get and use svn on the BioC wiki:
http://wiki.fhcrc.org/bioc/SvnHowTo

After installing it, you could obtain a working copy of the Rgraphviz
devel source code like this:

svn checkout --username=readonly --password=readonly https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/trunk/madman/Rpacks/Rgraphviz

Then make changes right in that working copy.
To produce a diff, use 'svn diff' and capture the output into a file.

By sending diffs, the developer on the other end doesn't have to hand
edit files to recreate your changes and that makes things faster and
less error-prone.

But if the above maxes out your programmer geek allowance, I
understand and encourage you and others to send fixes via email as you
just did.

Best Wishes,

+ seth