[BioC] no connection to biol

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 1 22:06:38 CET 2006

Hi Alessandra,

I assume that you typed this on 2 different lines? I don't think it
would work otherwise.

It is likely that you have a firewall preventing you from accessing the
bioconductor website to download the necessary files. It is possible
that your browser is configured to use a given proxy but R is not.

You might want to ask your network administrator for details.

Quoting Seth Falcon on a recent mail on the same subject:
> The help page for download.file() has details about proxy
> configuration.  Without knowing more about your proxy setup it may be
> hard for us to help further.  Also, there may be more expertise with
> using R with web proxies on the R-help mail list.

Without additional details, there's not much we can do to help.

Francois