[BioC] info su illumina

Giovanni Coppola gcoppola at ucla.edu
Sat Mar 4 21:41:14 CET 2006

Hello Mark,
thank you very much for your email.
The output from BeadStudio is without normalization.
I am analyzing these arrays building the expression matrix, and
normalizing between arrays (quantile) with limma.
After linear modeling, the results are biologically sound, but I
usually do an extensive low-level analysis (eg consistency of
replicates across the array,  distribution of controls etc), which
apparently I can't have now.

My only quality measures right now are:
boxplot of detection scores, BeadStDev, and AvgNBeads
scatterplot of (log) signal vs bead SD, showing a direct correlation.
Do you have other suggestions? I will try plotMAXY.
Thanks
Giovanni