[BioC] info su illumina

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Mar 6 14:03:09 CET 2006

On 3/4/06 1:58 PM, "Mark Dunning" <md392 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> btw do you know how the data in geneprofile.csv was normalised by
> BeadStudio? Illumina recommend a rank invariant normalisation plus
> background correction, but that seems like a very bad idea to me looking at
> some of the data it produces!

Mark,

I'd be curious to hear what you have found to be the best way to normalize
these arrays.  We have also seen some problems with the invariant set
method, but haven't come up with a good alternative, given that a majority
of the data on the array isn't even measured (according to the detection
p-values).

Sean