[BioC] Error message from AnnBuilder

Hua Weng hweng at biochem.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 28 21:56:06 CEST 2006

Dear List and Ting-Yuan:

I finally decided to use AnnBuilder on Linux server. And I got sample data
set, thgu95a, worked and I successfully installed the annotation package.
But when I try to use one data set for cow (Bos taurus), I got the following
error message:

Error in all(is.na(annotation[, "GO"])) : subscript out of bounds

I don't know what does this error mean? Is it because my data set cannot get
any GO term?

The code is as follow:
> library("AnnBuilder")
> myBase <- file.path("cluster6_Asitha_Bt.txt")
> myDir <- "/home/hua/project/bioconductor/AnnBuilder/"
> myBaseType="gbNRef"
> mySrcUrls <-
c(EG="file:////home/hua/project/bioconductor/AnnBuilder/gene_DATA",
+
UG="file:////home/hua/project/bioconductor/AnnBuilder/UniGene/Bos_taurus/Bt.
data.gz",
+
GO="file:////home/hua/project/bioconductor/AnnBuilder/go_200603-termdb.rdf-x
ml.gz")
> ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, srcUrls = mySrcUrls, baseMapType =
myBaseType,
+ pkgName = "AsithaBtPkg", pkgPath = myDir, organism = "Bos taurus", version
= "1.1.0",
+ author = list(author = "Hua Weng", maintainer = "Hua Weng
<hweng at biochem.okstate.edu>"), fromWeb = False)

The following is data set look like:
> myBase
[1] "cluster6_Asitha_Bt.txt"
> read.table(myBase, sep="\t", header=FALSE, as.is=TRUE)
      V1           V2
1  a2g09    NM_174062
2  g1o22         <NA>
3  a1d09    XM_879288
4  a1e10    NM_175825
5  g4n11    XM_873598
6  g1b02         <NA>
7  f7c16         <NA>
8  a1h04    XM_580317
9  f5l19     BC102351
10 g4p13    XM_879908
11 g4k22    NM_173968
12 f6d15    XM_874804
13 g4l22    XM_615696
14 g1h03    XM_873394
15 a1d10    NM_174658
16 f6c14         <NA>
17 g4k13	NM_001034575
18 f7k05    XM_868174
19 g4k23         <NA>
20 f6k09	NM_001007815
21 f6d16    NM_174792
22 g4f07         <NA>
23 f5k24     BT021073

The first column is probe ID and the second column is Gene Bank accession ID
for Bos taurus. If I want to get the annotation for Mus musculus, can I
still use the Gene bank accession ID for Bos Taurus?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.2.0, 2005-10-06, i686-pc-linux-gnu

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
        GO AnnBuilder   annotate        XML    Biobase
  "1.10.0"    "1.8.0"    "1.8.0"   "0.99-6"    "1.8.0"

I highly appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Thanks,
Hua