[BioC] Error message from AnnBuilder

Hua Weng hweng at biochem.okstate.edu
Wed Mar 29 00:52:32 CEST 2006

Hi, Ting-Yuan:

Thanks for the reply. After I updated AnnBuilder to version 1.9.16, I can
successfully build the following package for Cow. After I load this package,
I found I only have 7 environment variables as following:
 > ls("package:AsithaBtPkg")
[1] "AsithaBtPkg"          "AsithaBtPkgACCNUM"    "AsithaBtPkgLOCUSID"
[4] "AsithaBtPkgMAPCOUNTS" "AsithaBtPkgORGANISM"  "AsithaBtPkgQC"
[7] "AsithaBtPkgQCDATA"

I don't get any useful information back. See bellows:
> y <- as.list(AsithaBtPkgQCDATA)
$name
[1] "AsithaBtPkg"
$built
[1] "Created: Tue Mar 28 16:16:17 2006 "
$probeNum
[1] 23
$numMissMatch
[1] "None"
$probeMissMatch
[1] "None"
$probeMapped
 AsithaBtPkgACCNUM AsithaBtPkgLOCUSID
               17                  0
$otherMapped
AsithaBtPkgORGANISM
                 1
$sessionInfo
R version 2.2.0, 2005-10-06, i686-pc-linux-gnu
attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"
other attached packages:
        GO AnnBuilder    RSQLite        DBI   annotate        XML    Biobase
  "1.10.0"   "1.9.16"    "0.4-1"   "0.1-10"    "1.8.0"   "0.99-6"    "1.8.0"

My questions are:
1)If I provide more local annotation files, may I get more information back?
2)I didn't get any GO term back, does it mean these genes for cow don't have
any GO?
3)If I map these cow's Gene bank Accession ID to Mus musculus, can I get
some useful information back? Do I need to change cow's gene bank accession
IDs to Mouse's gene bank accession IDs?

Thank you very much for your response!

Hua