[BioC] Error message from AnnBuilder

Ting-Yuan Liu tliu at fhcrc.org
Wed Mar 29 20:06:46 CEST 2006

Hi Hua,

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006, Hua Weng wrote:

> My questions are:
> 1)If I provide more local annotation files, may I get more information back?

Using more annotation files (basefiles) could improves the mapping
results, but not the number of environments.  It is always a good idea to
provide as many basefiles as you could.

I am not sure why you didn't get many environments.  Could you try not to
use local files to build annotation packages?  I mean you should remove
the baseMapType and fromWeb arguments so that ABPkgBuilder could download
the data from the web.

> 2)I didn't get any GO term back, does it mean these genes for cow don't have
> any GO?

No.  If cow doesn't have any associated Go information, you will get an
environment whose values are all NAs.  See (1) for details to get more
environments.

> 3)If I map these cow's Gene bank Accession ID to Mus musculus, can I get
> some useful information back? Do I need to change cow's gene bank accession
> IDs to Mouse's gene bank accession IDs?

I am not sure if I understand what you mean here.  Are you interested in
the homology between cow and mouse?  The package btahomology might be
what you want.  You can find it at
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/data/annotation/1.8/html/btahomology.html

HTH,
Ting-Yuan