[BioC] biomaRt error

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Tue May 2 16:47:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

using biomaRt, I get an error:

> mart<-useMart("ensembl", dataset= "drerio_gene_ensembl")
> getAffyArrays(mart)
[1] "affy_zebrafish"
> getGene(id=genes.regulated.mas5, array="affy_zebrafish" , mart=mart)
Error in getBM(attributes = c(attrib, "hgnc_symbol", "description", chrname,  :
        attribute: affy_zebrafish not found, please use the function 'listAttributes' to get valid attribute names

Then I use listAttributes() as requested:

>listAttributes(mart=mart)

and get the following output:

<snip>
[309] "zebrafish_affy"
[310] "zebrafish_affy_primary_db"
<snip>

using "zebrafish_affy" instead of "affy_zebrafish" does not help, however:

> getGene(id=genes.regulated.mas5, array="zebrafish_affy" , mart=mart)
Error in getBM(attributes = c(attrib, "hgnc_symbol", "description", chrname,  :
        attribute: hgnc_symbol not found, please use the function 'listAttributes' to get valid attribute names

Any hint will be appreciated.

Best,

Georg

> sessionInfo()

Version 2.3.0 (2006-04-24)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.6.0

attached base packages:
[1] "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"     "datasets"
[7] "base"

other attached packages:
 biomaRt    RCurl      XML
 "1.6.0"  "0.6-2" "0.99-7"